Hi there guys and gals and a very Happy 2014 to you!
I hope you had a ball last night and have woken up feeling full of hope and optimism for the coming year.
Those of you that read my post yesterday will know that it was not a good day! We spent yesterday evening at the doctors with our youngest who has wailed her way through Christmas with a tummy bug and teething and now has an ear infection. She is in such pain bless her, we trudged back home with antibiotics and settled in for a night of cuddles and Breaking Bad…no awful NYE TV for us!!
Happily she slept better than she has in days so I think she is on the mend- yey. Breaking Bad was, quite frankly, immense. We are mid way through series 3 and I am in love with Jessie. Actual Love.
Today, we have commenced operation potty training with the eldest and so, far from this being a day full of fresh starts and new beginnings is really is same s&*t, different day…3 knicker changes and a poo on the floor at my last count! onwards and upwards hey?
Anywho, as it is New Years Day and some people will be awash with positivity I thought I would share with you my New Years resolutions for 2014.
I know of some people who resolve to wear matching underwear for 365 days.
I know others that suggest having sex every single day for 12 months.
I have opted out of both of these for two reasons;
My underwear drawer is a sea of washed out whites and grim greys.
My husband works away.
I feel both of these could do more harm to my marriage than good so instead I have opted for the following:
Be consistently better to your body.
How boring is that???
But, given that I am a detox or retox, feast or famine, all or nothing kind of chick, I feel it is time to try to be a little more consistent in my approach to my health and wellbeing. I’m not getting any younger and, as I was pushing the buggy up a hill the other day I felt that my heart and lungs were going to burst so something has to give before they do.
- I am not really unfit. I’ve run the London Marathon 3 times and several other 1/2’s but not for a while; it’s time to get back on the horse.
- I am not morbidly obese. I can usually find something to fit if we have an occassion to go to (we’re not over run with offers!)
- But, I have a poor diet which is not helped by the fact Mr L works away and I often can’t be bothered to cook for one.
- I have serious wrinkles- I’m not fishing for compliments; it’s true and, I am not the only person to have said it.
- Some days I am so rushed and pushed for time I don’t even time for a shower. I am not proud of this fact but I comfort myself with the knowledge that at least it will be harder for witches to sniff me out…Rold Dahl told me.
- My cleansing routine is none existent and make up is applied in the car if at all.
In short dear reader, I look like what I am…a really slummy mummy.
WELL, 2014 is the year it all changes.
Not over night.
Not in an extreme fashion but little by little.
I have signed up to run 4 races over the course of the year and have also signed up to a boot camp classes.
I am going to try to improve my diet and take up washing daily…I’ll keep you posted on how I get on.
Blogging wise I am going to include more images in my posts and to that end I am taking part in the 365 project so I hope to improve my photography skills over the course of the year.
What are your resolutions?
Whatever they are, I hope you realise them and that 2014 is your best yet.
If you’re a blogger and have written about your resolutions, feel free to leave your link in the comments box. If you’re not a blogger, comment anyway and tell me what 2014 holds for you.